AAAHC Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care
Web MD Web MD provides valuable health information and tools for managing your health...
ASC Patient Education Educational information to help you and your family become informed about your surgical care.
Dominican Hospital Dominican Hospital's mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community of the Santa Cruz County area.
Medicare The official U.S. Government Website for people with Medicare.
Things to Know
- Unless instructed otherwise by your doctor or nurse, do not eat or drink anything (not even water) after midnight, the night before your surgery.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothes and shoes without heels. You will be asked to change into a surgical gown before surgery.
- Please do not wear jewelry.
- Please do not bring other valuables.
- The Santa Cruz Surgery Center will not be responsible for any lost articles.
- On the day of surgery, you should take only those medications that your doctor or nurse tells you to.
- If your doctor has given you a prescription for post-operative medication, please have it filled prior to the day of your procedure.
- You may feel drowsy or unsteady the day and evening after surgery. It is important for your safety to have a responsible adult with you at home following your surgery.
- If your child is having surgery, you may be with him or her during the pre-operative and recovery phase. We suggest that you not bring other children with you since, for safety reasons, they are not allowed in patient care areas.
When You Arrive >>
Back to top